Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
To provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills required for a professional career in artificial intelligence. The degree program follows artificial intelligence in breadth, covering core computing concepts with a specialization in artificial intelligence and its applications within the code of ethics.
- Impart in-depth understanding of Artificial Intelligence field according to international standards.
- Convert theoretical and practical understandings to innovations.
- Prepare students for diverse careers in Artificial Intelligence to become productive professionals and entrepreneurs for the socio-economic development.
- Prepare students for the graduate level studies and research with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Develop effective communication, management and leadership skills.
- Impart professional ethics and collaborative team player abilities.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Computing and Artificial Intelligence Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences, computing fundamentals, and a computing specialization to solve the complex computing problems using artificial intelligence techniques.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex computational problems, reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, computing, and artificial intelligence.
- Design/Develop Solutions: Design solutions for complex computing problems and design systems, components, and processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation & Experimentation: Conduct investigation of complex computing problems using research based knowledge and research based methods
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern computing and artificial intelligence tools, including prediction and modelling for complex computing problems.
- Society Responsibility: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues relevant to context of complex computing problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate sustainability and impact of professional computing and artificial intelligence work in solving complex computing problems.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of computing and artificial intelligence practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex computing and AI activities with the computing and artificial intelligence community and with society at large.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles and economic decision making and apply these to one's own work as a member or a team.
- Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes.
You may become risk manager, reporting analyst, project manager, enterprise analyst, data engineer, machine learning engineer, artificial intelligence developer etc.
Award of Degree
For the award of BS (Artificial Intelligence) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 130 credit hours, including all core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00.