It varies from program to program. But general requirements include:
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination.
- At least 50% marks in the HSSC or an equivalent examination.
- Must have studied Mathematics at the HSSC level.
- Link: http://nu.edu.pk/Admissions/EligibilityCriteria
The following undergraduate programs are offered:
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Software Engineering
Merit scholarship is awarded to the Top THREE position holders in each Group of each Examination Board. Scholarship is also offered to top three position holders in the merit list of NU admission merit list. This scholarship is for four years of un-interrupted studies with full course load and is equal to the full tuition fee. Continuation of merit scholarship is subject to maintaining semester GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Realizing that the fees may not be affordable for some of its students, FAST arranges financial assistance in the form of interest-free study loans for bright indigent students. This assistance is subject to renewal every semester in light of the student’s academic performance. Financial assistance is limited to tuition fee only and is discontinued if the student’s CGPA falls below the minimum specified to avoid warning. Loan recipients MUST take full load of courses offered.
Visit the link for more info: http://nu.edu.pk/Admissions/Scholarship
Admission on the basis of NTS-NAT Marks:
- Selection is based on marks obtained in NTS NAT IE, or NAT-ICS.
- Cut-off marks to be determined by the University.
Admission on the basis of NU Admission Test:
- Merit List is prepared by assigning 50% weight to marks obtained in Intermediate (part-I) (or an equivalent exam)
- 50% weight is assigned to score obtained in NU Admission Test.
- In case, Intermediate result is not available, Matriculation marks are used and multiplied by a factor of 0.9 (to equate it to average Intermediate marks).
Admission on the basis of SAT score:
- Combined score of 1,000 or more in the SAT-I examination
- At least 550 in the SAT-II (Math Level IIC) examination.
A credit hour cost Rs. 7500.