The procedure for Regular Candidates is as follows (Candidates Applying through SAT/GRE can visit this link):
- Fill the Online Admission Form with your credentials (Applications received through post / by hand will not be entertained). It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all information entered is correct. In case of incorrect information, the University has the right to cancel the application / admission without any fee refund.
- At the end of the online process, you will receive a unique Application Reference Number (ARN). Note this number down and Do not Lose it.
- Deposit the Following Fees in Designated Bank. This Fee is Non-Refundable / Non-Adjustable
- Application processing fee of Rs 1,500, payable by all applicants, including those seeking admission on basis of NTS (NAT or GAT). If NTS is added with NU test application, then Rs. 500 will be charged.
- If an applicant wants to take more than one Admission Test, then an Additional Fee of Rs 500 is payable for each additional Admission Test. (For example, for taking both the BBA and the BS tests, or for taking both the MS (CS) and MS (SPM) tests.)
- Upon payment of the required Fees amount, the applicant will print his/her Admit Card bearing the applicant’s Test Roll Number.
- The applicant should then visit the test campus on the specified date and time as mentioned on the Admit card. Admission of a student automatically stands canceled if he/she fails in the required exam whose result was not available at the time of admission.
- Interested students MUST have a valid score of NTS Local GAT Subject Test or International GRE in order to apply for any of our PhD Programs.
- Once you have a valid score, check your eligibility criteria given here.
- Download and fill the application form given here.
- Attach the following documents along with filled application form:
- 1x Passport Size Photograph
- 1x Copy of CNIC
- MS Transcript + Degree
- MS Equivalence Letter from HEC (If Applicable)
- BS Transcript + Degree
- BS Equivalence Letter from HEC (If Applicable)
- NTS GAT Subject / International GRE Score
- Proposal / Synopsis (Optional)
- Prepare TWO SETS of the above documents and submit by POST to the following address:
FAST-National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
160 Industrial Estate, Jamrud Road, Peshawar
Once we receive your application, you will be called to appear for an interview. Candidates applying on self-finance basis will appear for ONE round, while those for FAST-Fellowship will appear for TWO rounds of interviews.
NU Online Admission Test
The admission test is taken online on a date/time communicated to you at the premises of any one of our campuses. Candidates should be familiar with the use of mouse / keyboard. Each candidate is given a different examination to attempt. The sections of a test (English, Analytical skills, Math etc) appear in a random sequence. Moreover, questions related to different topics also appear before the candidate in a random sequence. In each section, a candidate can move forward and backwards to review the responses selected. The candidate can change his or her response to any question within the current section.
Each section of the admission test has a fixed duration. Each section is timed independently and time saved in one section is not carried forward to the next sections. At the end of the test, a summary of the results is displayed on screen. The duration of the Online Admission Test is between two and three hours.
Applicants should reach the test center on the date and time specified on the admit card. Latecomers will not be allowed to take the test. Applicants should not bring anything to the test center except their Admit Cards. No applicant will be allowed to take the test without an endorsed Admit Card. The Admission Test is held at all campuses of the University.
Announcement of Selected Candidates
Candidates who meet eligibility criteria will be selected against degree-wise selection criteria given here.
The selected candidates are informed through SMS on their cell phones and also via email. Candidates can also check the status of their admission through the University website admissions.nu.edu.pk or www.nu.edu.pk .
At the time of admission, foreign nationals must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.