A team of Peshawar campus attended a two days workshop on the topic “THE NITTY-GRITTY OF PUBLIC SPEAKING” on September 10-11, 2018. The main theme of the workshop was public dealing and communication skills. It was a very fruitful event and following are the key points that we learned:
Communicating a Person for the First Time:
- Always welcome others with a smiley face
- During communication keep the environment-friendly and pleasant.
- While communicating with others always keep “Eye Contact”.
- Listen to others with respect and attention.
- Be confident and always be prepared about the Job/Task/Topic you are dealing with.
- Be polite in response and never use harsh attitude.
Dealing with Colleagues in an Organization:
- If there is a difference of opinion, even then accept others with respect.
- Be friendly and supportive.
- Always own your duty/job assigned to you. Never consider it as a “BURDEN”.
- Promote the culture of mutual cooperation.
- Always be positive and act positively.
- Create a better environment around yourself.