Department of Computer Science
Department of Electrical Engineering
Department of Sciences & Humanities
“To be recognized among the top five departments of Electrical Engineering in Pakistan, producing next generation of engineers who are motivated in applying engineering concepts to solve real life problems in an ethically, socially and economically responsible way.”
- Develop nurturing an environment for delivering quality engineering education through discovery and innovation.
- Show commitment and dedication to teaching by developing state of the art curriculum, grounded in the scientific, mathematical and technical knowledge that emphasizes practical applications and provides opportunities for hands-on experience.
- Develop attitude for lifelong learning and instill ethical and social values in our graduates that helps them acquire professional leadership.
- Act as a center of excellence to identify the problems of national industry and to develop innovative solutions.
Program Educational Outputs (PEOs)
PEOs of EE program are mentioned in the prospectus as well as given below:
Practice electrical engineering in a broad range of industries
Pursue advances in engineering education
Conduct themselves in a responsible, professional, and ethical manner.
Employ creative problem-solving skill to devise innovative solutions for the complex engineering problems faced by industry, society, and environment.
Emerge as team leaders in their domain of expertise and in activities that support service and economic development, nationally and throughout the world
Program Learning Outcomes
Following are the Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) which were adopted based on the recommendations of PEC in their Manual of Accreditation 2014.
- Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Investigation: An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one’s own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize the importance of, and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.